Our mission is to share the stories of people who have faced and overcome significant and sudden life challenges so that others in similar situations will be inspired/supported to press on, and live as Overcomers.
An Overcomer is a person who lives life with determination and a hopeful outlook, despite whatever circumstances they find themselves in.
Our Core Beliefs
- There may be no quick fix, but hope is strengthened in small victories
- Every small victory is worth celebrating
- Hearing stories of overcoming challenge inspires others to do the same
- While we may be a "victim", we will live like a conqueror #notavictim
- Produce events that tell the story of Overcomers and inspire hope
- Mentorship programs that pair people currently in the midst of their life changing event with others who have already overcome a similar struggle.
- Our website will provide location specific resources for health, community activities, and services available to individuals facing sudden life transitions.
- A library of stories from overcomers in the beginning categories of physical injury, illness, or loss.
Celebrate Overcoming plans to hold community events where Overcomer’s will speak and resources will be available to support people currently facing sudden medical or emotional challenges.
- To provide the tools to prevent individuals from giving up in the face of doubts, fears, and physical disabilities.
- Provide mentorship programs to people facing sudden challenges, create a directory of location specific resources, share stories/examples of Overcomers, hold community events to spread our mission.
Celebrate Overcoming offers guidance by sharing the inspirational stories of others overcoming similar situations, coping mechanisms, a supportive community and exposure to resources.